So while it's hard to buy certain things as being coincidental, there are some pretty far out documented cases that are just too connected to ignore. I had to dig a little but I found some really interesting exampled. Here are just a very few.
1) In Detroit in the 1930's a young (and careless) mother was grateful to a man named Joseph Figlock who was walking down the street when her baby fell from a high window. The baby's fall was broken by Figlock and neither of them were hurt. A year later, the very same baby fell from the very same window onto - you guessed it - Joseph Figlock, as he was again passing by. Again, neither one of them were hurt.
2) In 1883, Henry Ziegland thought he had dodged fate when he broke off a relationship with his girlfriend who, distressed, committed suicide. Her brother was so angry he shot Zeigland then turned the gun on himself and took his own life. Only, whoops, Ziegland wasn't dead. The bullet had only grazed him in the head and knocked him out before lodging in a tree. Years later, Ziegland decided to get rid of the tree so he blasted it with dynamite. You see what's coming, right? The explosion propelled the bullet into Zeigland's head and killed him.
3) Mark Twain was born on the day of the appearance of Halley's Comet in 1835 and died on the day of its next appearance in 1910. He even predicted it would happen.
4) In 1975 in Bermuda, a man was accidentally struck by a taxi and, sadly, died. One year later, his brother died the very same way. To make it even stranger, he was riding the very same moped and was hit by the same taxi driver AND (drum roll) the taxi was carrying the very same passenger.
5) Twice a month I sit down to write a blog post. Each and every time, I find myself scrambling for something interesting to write about, I always end up writing it at the eleventh hour and by the time I'm finished, I'm always certain it's the most lame post I've ever written? coincidence??? I reallllyyy think not.
Okay, you get the picture. What about you? Have you ever experienced some truly amazing coincidence? One OTHER one comes to mind for me (thank God it didn't involve anyone dying). I was on my very first trip to NYC. My friend and I walked into a pizza place, sat down and before long struck up a conversation with a gentleman and his teenage son who were sitting very close to us at the next table. Turns out, the guy was my cousin's lawyer. Now I live in Iowa, he lived in Colorado, yet at that particular moment in time, we coincidentally started talking and - boom - there was the connection.
All right, so it's not THAT incredible or amazing, but it was a really cool coincidence. So, again, I ask - what about you? Any come to mind that you want to share?